Sunday, April 22, 2012

Custom 6 inch DC Universe figures

And here are my custom 6 inch dc universe figures.


Batgirl
 
Spoiler
 Recently, there has been a high demand for Green Lantern related figures because of the new movie that came out last year, as well as many new Green Lantern comic books/characters that emerged in the past few years.

As one of my favorite superheroes, Green Lantern related characters were a lot of fun to work on.
There were a variety of different colored "lanterns" that appeared in recent Green Lantern Comics, which gave me a chance to make some interesting looking characters.

Sinestro


Red Lantern Guy Gardner

Blue Lantern Hal Jordan


Original Design: Red Lantern
This character was not from the Green Lantern comics,
but I thought it would be a cool idea to make my own
Red Lantern design.

Green Lantern Brik


Yellow Lantern

Orange Lantern Hal Jordan

White Lantern Batman

White Lantern Sinestro

And here are some more DC Comics related custom figures.
Aquaman

Ambush Bug


For these Lex Luthor figures, I originally painted the Lex on the left, but I then decided to modify him and
give his armor a battle damaged look. I also added the eye-patch that the charcater features in some artwork. I think this modification made Lex look better and more detailed.

Lex Luthor

Modified Lex Luthor



Catwoman
This catwoman custom was a lof of fun to work on, and gave me a chance to make more of a soild display piece, rather than a standard action figure custom. I came up with the idea of posing her on a rooftop base which would create for a very nice and dynamic piece for the character. I also made her whip out of a poseable wire so that you could pose the whip in any position while on display. I thought it gave a nice touch to the overall piece and that the mixture of her laying somewhat flat, the long rooftop display and the whip really balanced the piece out.



TV Flash
Bane (from the Dark Knigh Rises)


Swampthing

Robin (stephanie Brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment