Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Works in Progress

Here are a few pictures of figures that required a great deal of work and turned out to be some of my favorite customs!
The first of these figures is She Hulk and Abomination!


She Hulk



I was very happy with how she-hulk turned out. She was probably the most sculpting work I had to do for a custom female character, but it was well worth it. She-Hulk is always a very strong, muscular character, so having a chance to sculpt muscles on the figure while still keeping her smooth and feminine was a challenge but also a very good learning experience.

Abomination

Abomination is probably one of my favorite pieces to this day because of the detail I was able to sculpt on him, and the way his paint job came out. I basically had to resculpt the entire outer layer of the figure in order to give him his "scales", and this was one of the first figures that I attempted a complete facial resculpting. It was an intimidating idea at first but I really wanted Abomination to look cool and also mean like the character.
Sculpting the mouth was also a valuable learning experience on how to form the features of the face, and starting with a rather monstrous figure made it easier to experiment with rigid lines and details on the face.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom
    I love your work and I would like to hire you to make a 12 inch dr. Fate action figure for me?
    How can I reach you?
    Gary

    ReplyDelete