Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Drawings

Here are a few of my more recent drawings. I've been mostly focused on custom figures but I also love drawing and painting on canvas. I hope you enjoy!

This is my most recent self portrait I drew last year. It is prismacolor color pencils on paper and it is about 18x24 inches.

Here's a sketch of Captain Mal Reynolds (played by Nathan Filion) from the T.V. Show Firefly.

Portraits are a lot of fun but also very challenging so I was glad with how my Captain Mal came out. I mostly focused on the face for this piece but his hand was also a lot of fun to work on especially with the texture of his glove.

Here are a few superhero drawings I have done recently.
Spiderman

Spiderman was a simple pencil on paper piece, and I really enjoyed how he turned out.
These next two drawings (Deadpool and Captain America) were done using Photoshop Elements and a drawing Tablet. I drew them with multiple layers and then printed out a copy to keep for myself. It's actually a good thing I printed out these two drawings, because shortly after, my computer crashed and I lost my Photoshop documents.
Deadpool

Captain America has always been one of my favorite heroes and I really love the artwork of Ed McGuinness. This Captain America drawing was based off an Ed McGuinness piece from a Cap comic and I really love how bulky the character is in this picture. McGuinness has a great style that looks amazing in comics so I was glad I could create a piece that was reminiscent of his work.
Captain America
Batman was a lot of fun to draw. This is a 16x20 piece made using pencil, prismacolor pencils and a black sharpie marker for the really dark shadows and also to give the piece a more dynamic look.
Batman

 Amazing Spiderman
 Colossus
 Phoenix Force Cyclops
 Namor
 Battle Damaged Spiderman
 Thor VS. Storm
 Magneto
 Gambit
 B & W Still Life
 Warm & Cool Still Life
 Oil Pastel Still Life
 Warm & Cool Landscape
 Live Model Charcoal Drawing
 Spiderman Comic ideas




No comments:

Post a Comment