Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Paintings

Here are a few of my canvas paintings. I love working on landscapes and scenery. I was very inspired by Bob Ross when I was younger and I have created a lot of landscapes over the years. Theses are my most recent landscapes: the first one os Machu Picchu from Peru and the second is a winter landscape I finished a little over a year ago.

 Machu Picchu, Peru

Winter Landscape

The artist Bob Ross has been a big inspiration for me over the years, and I have been told several times that some of my landscape work is reminiscent of his work, which is a great feeling for me because of my love and respect for the man's art.

 And this is one of my all time favorite pieces. It is a painting of Katy Perry I finished about 2 years ago. I had to create a project in the artistic style of Chuck Close, using boxes/small images to create a larger image. I was very happy with how she came out and I would definitely like to make another painting in this style one day.


Here's a Flower painting I made last year. It is a 36x36 canvas so this piece is huge!


This is another Acrylic on canvas painting that I created in my Art Workshop class last year.
The idea was to pick a flower and zoom in on a certain section in order to have an image that was almost abstract because of how close up it was. The flower I chose to paint was originally an interesting looking flower so I zoomed in on the corner of the picture and decided to make a somewhat impressionistic style painting. This piece was a lot of fun to work on and gave me a chance to experiment with colors more, and deal with different shades of red and yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment